Safety Testing of Food and Food Additives
BSL BIOSERVICE offers the full service to assess the biological and toxicological data of food additives under GLP-compliance according to the current EC guidance (guidance on submission for food additive evaluations by the scientific committee on food, 2001) and the scientific statement of the panel on food additives and nutrient sources added to food on data requirements for the evaluation of food additives applications (EFSA Journal 2009).
On 16 December 2008 a legislative package of four Regulations was adopted by the European Parliament and Council, consisting of the following regulations:
- Regulation (EC) No 1331/2008 establishing a common authorisation
procedure for food additives, enzymes and flavourings
- Regulation (EC) No 1332/2008 on food enzymes
- Regulation (EC) No 1333/2008 on food additives
- Regulation (EC) No 1334/2008 on food flavourings
According to these regulations our scientific experts help you to fulfill the neccessary requirements for the admission of your food additives.
Our services for the biological testing of food include:
- Metabolism / Toxicokinetics
- Subchronic Toxicity
- Genetic Toxicity
- Chronic Toxicity / Carcinogenicity
- Developmental and Reproductive Toxicity (DART)
- Skin and eye irritation and skin sensitization